John R. wrote:
> Insofar as I have a workaround, I described it in the bug report.

hm.... didn't seem to work in my case. I still lose two packets....
maybe I screwed something up.

I made these changes:
packet-tcp.c
tcp_dissect_pdus()
        //COMMENTED OUT:
        //      pinfo->desegment_len = fixed_len - length_remaining;
        //REPLACED WITH:
        pinfo->desegment_len = -1;

desegment_tcp()
        ipfd_head = fragment_add(tvb, offset, pinfo, msp->first_frame,
                        tcp_fragment_table,
                        seq - msp->seq,
                        len,
                        //COMMENTED OUT:
                        //(LT_SEQ (nxtseq,msp->nxtpdu)) );
                        //ADDED:
                        0);

Do you happen to remember if that looks like your fix? Maybe I'll try
the other one as well.

[snip]

> To demonstrate the most likely manifestation of the bug you just need
> to to have a flow controlled TCP connection and fairly small PDUs.

In our case it seems to happen with PDUs ~300 bytes, and it happens
every time we startup and download everything. I think we intentionally
try to fill the pipe... maybe that's what does it.

Andy