Maynard, Chris wrote:
> Just one comment about the name:  Personally, I prefer the version as
> part of the program name, not just for U3, but I would prefer it for all
> installs actually.

I would strongly prefer it *NOT* be part of the file name (i.e., *NOT*
part of the last component of the path name), at least on UN*X, as I
tend to run Wireshark from the command line.

If that's not what "part of the program name" means (i.e., if it's still
"wireshark" on UN*X), that's OK.

I'd be willing to put up with it being part of the file name if it's
Windows-only, although there might be Windows users who would find that
inconvenient - especially for tshark users, as tshark is *intended* to
be run from the command line or in a script.  Scripts are another place
where the program has to be invokable with the same name from release to
release.