Joerg Mayer wrote:

> No, it won't work. I've spent many many hours in the past to get rid of
> compiler warnings and it just won't work. While we definitely should try
> to get rid of some warnings, fixing warnings on one platform may introduce
> warnings on other platforms (or even gcc versions).

In particular, as I remember, there's at least one warning where, at
least as I read the ANSI C standard, MSVC++ 6.0 is confused and
incorrectly reports a const vs. non-const warning - and, if you change
the code to get rid of that warning, GCC, at least, then warns
(correctly) about the type clash.