Graeme Lunt wrote:
> Ulf,
>
> Something you may want to add to:
>
> http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html#ChSetupPre
> pareCommandCom
>
> --
>
> You can create a shortcut to prepare the cmd.exe environment for building
> wireshark.
>
> Right click on the desktop and choose "New/Shortcut"
>
> In the resulting wizard, enter the following for the "location of the item":
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /E:ON /V:ON /T:0E /S /K ""C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\SetEnv.Cmd" &&
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat""
>
> Press "Next >".
>
> Choose an appropriate Name for the shortcute.g. "WSDevShell".
>
> Select "Finish".
>
> Then right click on the new shortcut and choose "Properties".
> Change the "Start in" field to "C:\Wireshark" and press "OK".

Well, instead of adding this to the quick setup, I think about adding
something like this as a batch file to the subversion sources.

In the meantime, using the MSVC2005(EE) and the SDK seems to become
common, so adding such a batch file might make sense now. Obviously,
you'll have to edit both solutions if the path settings are different
than the defaults. And I guess it's easier to "install", than the
shortcut thing. You can then easily add a shortcut to this batch file on
the desktop or where you like ...

It's called quick setup guide, so making it larger should be justified ;-)

Or are there real advantages of the shortcut solution that I just don't see?

Regards, ULFL