Hi!

I am writing a dissector for this protocol I am working with. I will just
refer to it as "my protocol".
I can't seem to find ways to control packet colorization programatically,
from within the dissector's code (int contrast to changing it manually from
Wireshark's menus).

Two issues came up:
1) I want to control my packets' color, and give a different color to
packets, depending on it's direction  (for example, two kinds of blue).
2) I noticed that generally in Wireshark, the last activated dissector sets
the rules for the packet's color, text (source and destination addresses fro
example), etc.
    Now, for some reason that's not always true fro my protocol. My protocol
is used to carry Ethernet packet, which in turn carries higher level
protocols. How can I make sure the dissectors of these protocols "take
over", coloring the packets and setting the appropriate text? On the other
hand, how can I willingly disable this "take over", leaving my own
dissector's settings dominant?

Thanks!

--
Use the source, Luke!