On Aug 18, 2011, at 11:39 PM, Anders Broman wrote:

> - gtkvumeter.c must be fixed or disabled.

It's used, as far as I can tell, only to display the RSSI and link speed values
for 802.11 interfaces in the Capture -> Interfaces dialog.

If that information is useful in that dialog, we should update it to support
GTK+ 3.0, and should consider adding code to fetch those values on other
platforms where it's available (and I should consider adding APIs to get it in
libpcap/WinPcap).

If that information isn't useful, we might just want to remove that display.

I don't know whether it's useful in that context or just being displayed
because we can fetch it.