Thanks alot for the wonderful reply Harris..was really useful.
And ya, the final question i did not make it very clear. Hardware
dependencies in the sense that kind of device drivers ar network adapetrs
(NICs) a sustem has. I done really know whether the packet capturing
softwares have anything to do with these hardware modules. So, wanted to
understand.