I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, but there’s already a Wireshark built-in
dissector for GeoNetworking[1].

If you’re trying to replace it for some reason, then you may either need to
disable that one or remove it completely.  And if you’re trying to implement in
Lua, then you’ll need to register it as a heuristic dissector using
register_heuristic[2].  However, it seems that there might be a bug with
respect to this function[3], as the following simple Lua script seems to
indicate:

local p_gnw = Proto("gnwHdr", "GeoNetworkingHdr")

function p_gnw.dissector(tvbuf, pinfo, tree)

    local ethertype = tvbuf(12, 2):uint()
    if ethertype == 35143 then
        pinfo.cols.protocol:set("GNW")
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

p_gnw.register_heuristic("eth", p_gnw.dissector)

When Wireshark is started with this gnw.lua script loaded, the following error
message is encountered:

Lua: Error during loading:
path\to\gnw.lua:14:bad
argument #1 to ‘register_heuristic’ (userdata expected, got string)
stack traceback:
         [C]: in function ‘register_heuristic’
         path\to\gnw.lua:14:
in main chunk