On Mar 29, 2024, at 11:23 AM, Krefta, Oliver O. - US via Wireshark-dev
<wireshark-dev@wireshark.org> wrote:

> Section 11.6.2.5
> My understanding is that tvb:reported_length_remaining() takes an optional
> parameter specifying an offset. My own testing seems to confirm this. However
> the function is documented as taking no parameters.

Yes.  That documentation is generated automatically from the Wireshark source
code that implements the Tvb class, but the C source code for that particular
function wasn't using the proper convention to cause the documentation
generator to recognize the argument.  That's been fixed in the main branch and
in the 4.2, 4.0, and 3.6 branches.

> Section 11.7
> This section seems to have some formatting issues. Several of the documented
> API functions are children of the "Example" subsection 11.7.2 when they
> should be contained in the "TreeItem" subsection 11.7.1.

The "Example" subsection should be subsection 11.7.1.2.1, i.e. it should be a
subsection of 11.7.1.2.

> Additionally, the documentation for treeitem:add() and similar functions have
> mismatched brackets in the sentence:
> This function has a complicated form: 'treeitem:add([protofield,] [tvbrange,]
> value], label)', such that ...
> (In fact that whole paragraph is a bit confusing to understand).

This *function* is a bit confusing to understand.  I'm not sure anything other
than examples of every single possible way in which it can be called would be
understandable.