Hi Martin,

      I am not sure why you think GUI is lost when running on Linux.  There is
an equivalent 'wireshark' command also available on Linux which is basically a
X-client.  So you will need X-Server running on your desktop (Cygwin provides
one for free!).  Not sure though whether the Linux version of the GUI has the
specific feature implemented...

      Regards,

  Vijay

Martin Riegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi

I've tried the Windows version of Wireshark and the endpoints list
statistics
(http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChStatEndpoints.html#ChStat
EndpointDefinition), which works great.

Because I needed to process some huge traces, I had to install Wireshark on
a terminal based Linux computer which is faster. This works fine, but since
I've now lost the GUI I can't use the endpoints windows described in the URL
mentioned earlier.

Tshark offers statistics via the -z switch, but the closest I've gotten to
the endpoint statistics is the IP conversation statistics (-z conv,ip -q).

So my question is if it's possible to generate endpoints list statistics
with tshark (or some of the other included programs) in terminal mode?

Thanks!

Best regards
Martin Riegel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]