Thanks for your ideas.  I searched the registry and deleted references to it
and it still occurs.  I turned off WINS on the server and it still tries to
hit the bps-ntserver1.

I turned off netbios over TCP/IP in the control panel and then it stopped.
I don't know where else to look in windows if it's not in the registry where
could it be?

I tried the tcpview program but the netbios requests only happen at login.
Once you are in it does not occur therefore once I open the tcpview app it
is useless. Perhaps I need something to log netbios traffic at the login?
Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon