Stefan Puiu wrote:

> Is it possible (with this wireshark version) to specify a filter along the
> lines of "all packets that carry option x with value y"?
> As far as I can tell, all I can currently specify is "one packet that
> has one option type x and one option with value y", but not the same.

Unfortunately, not in general - the BOOTP/DHCP dissector doesn't have
separate named fields for the values of all options it knows about.

> Example filters I would need:
>
> - all DHCPDISCOVER packets that carry option 55 (parameter request list)
> with a certain value in the respective option (e.g. 1,3,58,59 being the
> sequence of values)

Unfortunately, there isn't a named field for the value of option 55, so
you can't filter on that.

> - all DHCPOFFER/DHCPACK packets without option 3

Similarly, there isn't a named field for the value of option 53, so you
can't filter on the DHCP message type.

This should probably be fixed.