On Feb 20, 2008, at 7:59 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

>> Would anybody miss the current "-Q" flag if it went away?
>
> I wouldn't but test/suite-capture.sh would (it uses it for the
> "capture
> 10 packets [with the GUI]" test).

We already supply our own getopt() for platforms that don't have it
(for which, at this point, read "Windows", as I think every version of
every UN*X on which we run has it).  Perhaps we should supply our own
getopt_long(), instead, for platforms that don't have *it* (there's a
BSD-licensed version that modern versions of FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/OS
X have, and Solaris 10 has a version as well), use it, add long
options for less-commonly-used options such as that - and add long
aliases for the existing options.