Hi,

I am attempting to compile Wireshark v4.0.2 on a RHEL7 server and am running
into problems.  My current issue is that the c-ares library is not installed on
the server.  I've downloaded the c-ares source code but it seems my compiler is
too old to be able to compile c-ares.

My questions are as follows: Is the "c-ares" library *required* for the proper
compilation of Wireshark?  Are there any alternatives to using c-ares that I
may be able to try?

If c-ares is required, then I will try to install a newer version of the
compiler from sources--since our repos do not have anything newer.

Thank you and regards,

--
Mun