On 2002/07/30 01:03 PM, "Campbell, Steve V." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Maybe I missed it but what did the people that went to the show say?
>
> Steve

Basically what you see below was also said at the show, including the "weeks
not months" that has really ticked off some people. (All of it has been
posted to the list btw) I couldn't be more specific then, I'm can't be more
specific now. "Its close" - same words I used in booth 1646.

<show pitch>

Some basic explanations about what Witango is - there are many here who can
explain that better than me.

Hand off to Tarrin or Phil or Jason or Robert to do a quick demo or answer a
specific question.

Thank them kindly for their time.

Beyond that, I spent a lot - a LOT of time pointing out that this wasn't
pervasive or everyware or butler.

</show pitch>

(short of massive blisters from a poor choice of shoes on the second day,
over-priced food at the convention center, little to no sleep, and some
Vietnamese food I couldn't quite identify, you've had my experience.)

As to seeing the actual product, that would require putting it in your hands
and I think Ben very cleanly covered that issue.

-Daniel

________

Key points from posts already made to the list (no particular order):

Its still cross platform. Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP versions will ship at
about the same time, if not exactly the same day.

The look and feel of both the studio and server remain.

The server works and quite well as a matter of fact. They are working on
some very specific bugs right now.

The core product, server and studio have had the main focus, but there are
many tidbits kicking around that will soon grow into add-ons.

[At MacWorld you can see the] soon to be released Witango Compiler for Java
in action. We now have the "Deploy to Java" functionality operational in the
new Development Studio.

Filemaker will absolutely work as it always has with the new release.

And the upgrade policy that predates the show... <see below>