<@PURGE Scope="Domain">
Hope this helps,

~Brian Mowers

At 07:11 PM 9/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:
can that be used for a window that is already created?  My problem is that we have a minor issue with users not logging out and so their user$ vars stay in memory, taking up space it doesnt need to keep and i was hoping i could trap when they closed the window to preform the "log out" code.

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Mowers
To: Multiple recipients of list witango-talk
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: detecting browser close

Alan,
There most certainly is. In the following js code the var newWindow is declared as a global variable so that it can be accessed outside of the function it was declared in.
[script language ="javascript"]
var newWindow
function makeNewWindow() {
        newWindow = window.open(" "," ","height=300,Width=300")
}
function closeNewWindow() {
        if (newWindow) {
        newWindow.close()