Hi Steve,

JavaScript variable and object names can only contain letters, numbers and
an underscore - and names must not begin with a number. But yes, underscores
( _ ) are not a problem for JavaScript.

Note: in some versions of JavaScript, the dollar sign ( $ ) is okay in a
name - but it's best to avoid it.

The likely culprit for your problem is probably the value of your <@VAR
method$InitialField> variable. Does it actually contain a string of any
kind?

When trying to get the List members to debug HTML and/or JavaScript
problems - it's sometimes more helpful to supply us the with the finished
(rendered) output - after Witango is finished with it. This is so you can
see what JavaScript is dealing with more clearly.

Hope this helps. Cheers....

Scott Cadillac
VP, Research and Development
Plus International Corp.
403-281-6090
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.plusinternational.com

Does your company have an Enterprise Information Portal? Check out Salsa at
www.plusinternational.com/flash/salsa.htm