I have played around with the idea of extracting the filename out of the local path.  I thought you might be able to do it by using a script to loop through the string and store the location of each ‘/’ or ‘\’, you could store the final location and extract only the substring from there on.  This really isn’t that complicated of an idea, I’m sure you’ve thought of it, but doing it might be a pain.  I’m going to be looking at it this week, if I get it to work  (or you do…)  share share share

Stephen Young

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Campbell, Steve V.
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 3:04 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list witango-talk
Subject: Witango-Talk: File Upload

Haven’t we all seen a lot of post’s on this list concerning file uploads?  I have been using the file upload taf that has been available at the old Pervasive developer site and the variant of said file at Ben’s goodies page.

The upload taf allows you to browse out to the file and then it records the pathway in the first empty field.  Then in the second empty field you copy the “file name” that you are uploading.

I need to find a way to do away with the second field.  I have tried to parse out the file name alone and haven’t had much luck.  I have also tried to do away with the file name field all together but can’t get around the errors.

Anyone had any luck with the above mentioned?  Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Steve Campbell

Application Developer/Web Manager

OU Physicians Group

OU College of Medicine