From: Bill Downall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 5:49 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list witango-talk
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Database View

Steve,

What you really want is two separate instances of the teams table,
one representing team 1, and one for team 2. Any time you do
something that tricky in SQL, you are more likely to get what you want
in R:Tango by resorting to the Direct DBMS action:

I would change the select action to a direct dbms action, with a query
like this:

SELECT h1.T_Name as `HomeTeamName`,
  a2.T_Name as `AwayTeamName`,
  h1.t_id as `HomeTeamID`,
  a2.t_id as `AwayTeamID`,
  m3.m_id as `MatchID`
  FROM Teams h1, Teams a2, Matches m3
 WHERE (h1.T_ID = m3.m_team1)
  AND (a2.T_ID = m3.m_Team2)

Alternatively, create a view like the query above, and then use a
Witango search action with the view.

Bill