On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:25:44 -0600, Eric Weidl wrote:

>That is incorrect.

Eric,

Maybe I didn't explain clearly enough, but it was definitely not incorrect
<g>.

Steve's got a handle on what you are talking about. He would like to be
able to "not include if empty" a JOIN condition between tables. (and
the table in the FROM list, and a column in the SELECT list.

To simplify his problem, he wants an automated way to switch
between these two forms:

SELECT t1.column1, t2.column2, t3.column3
FROM table1 t1, table2 t2, table3 t3
WHERE (other conditions that may or my not appear based on
"include if empty" settings, as Eric described)
AND (t1.linkcolumn = t2.linkcolumn)
AND (t2.linkcolumn = t3.linkcolumn)

and

SELECT t1.column1, t2.column2
FROM table1 t1, table2 t2
WHERE (other conditions that may or my not appear based on
"include if empty" settings, as Eric described)
AND (t1.linkcolumn = t2.linkcolumn)

Bill