If you are writing the file out, make sure the user witango has writes to where it is being written.

I spent a lot of time with imagemagick about a year ago or so. I wanted to have a crossplatform method for doing high quality scaling. I already did all kinds of conversions with RealBasic, but the highquality scaling avail. in photoshop, or imagemagick was eluding me. I even went so far to dl the source, and I even was able to compile a library for each platform with codewarrior, including a carbon version. The carbonization was a bitch. But then Quicktime 6 came out. The QT 6 API has the ability to convert just about anything from anything, and apple updated the "none" codec in the QT 6 API to include High Quality BiCubic Scaling (same as photoshop). So in all of my apps I write, I use the QT api and it works great on all platforms, and is highly optimized.

I have also written all the methods to have my apps be controlled from witango, without the use of an external action. I use a tcf call. You use the tcf, passing parameters of the file location, and what you want done to the image, and where you want it put when done. The code in the tcf communicates to the app, and the app does the work in a thread, so it can handle another concurrent request. It can batch folders also.

I have been holding up the development for a couple of reasons. I was waiting to see how the Wisp API from witango was going to look, and there did not seem to that much interest from the community at the time. I also am just finishing a patent application regarding some of the whole systems I developed.

I just got Wisp last week. I am working through the API. I am going to be doing a seminar at the witango conference showing how you can create solutions for customers using Witanog/RealBasic and possibly wisp. My hope is that I will have enough done to give a lot of this to the community. It won't be free, but it won't be expensive. Cheap enough for a small developer.

Anyway, If you give me the exact specs of what your solution is, it might help me to give you something to beta test, and you wont have to deal with imagemagick. I have spent a couple of years developing my content publishing system, and it works well.

Robert.