Dave,

If you want it to work like that for everybody, then you will need to execute a <@clearerrors>. Which should clear the error and set the status code back to 200, however, that was a bug with witango when they made the error handling "more functional" @clearerrors wasn't setting the status back to 200. So in the meantime you can do it yourself by assigning the httpheader with the following code...

<@ASSIGN local$httpHeader "HTTP/1.1 200 OK<@CRLF>Content-Type: text/html<@CRLF><@SETCOOKIES><@USERREFERENCECOOKIE><@CRLF><@CRLF>">

I haven't tested yet to see if the bug with @clearerrors not setting the status to 200 was fixed in 062 or not. Didn't see it in the readme file.

Of course if you're the only one who needs to see the code in the error results then scotts solution will work just fine for you

However I know that not all errors encountered are really errors that warrant a 500 being sent back to the browser.... (that's why I use the @clearerrors tag)

/John

Scott Cadillac wrote:

Hi Dave,

The Error handling in v5 has been upgraded to be more functional.

The "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" page you see is actually coming from
MS Internet Explorer. Witango has simply sent back a proper HTTP status code
(via IIS) identifying an error.

In MSIE, go to "Tools / Internet Options... / Advanced tab" and toggle the
"Show friendly HTTP error messages" setting.

You should now be able to see your Witango errors. Cheers....

Scott Cadillac,
Witango.org - http://witango.org
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Information for the Witango Developer Community

XML-Extranet - http://xml-extra.net
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Well-formed Development (for hire)