Is the answer to this not the same as the solution
posted by Witango Support an hour or two ago to a
similar issue....

This is more accurate and reliable than doing a search
action.

Witango Support wrote....

You can also use a Direct DBMS containing:

select <@literal @@identity>

immediately after the insert action. This will result
in one record being
returned which will be the id of the record you have
just inserted

(<@ASSIGN request$Record_ID
"@@request$ResultSet[1,1]">)

You will need to have both the insert action and the
Direct DBMS within a
Begin/End Transaction for this to work.