It's about time that Window$ did something I have been doing for years. I usually take all shares off and set all permissions to the administrative group and system then work permissions in as I need them. 3 reasons for this.

1. Obvious of course, but it makes the server more secure

2. Easier to monitor any permissions that have changed

3. Increases your learning curve drastically

Hi Paul,

It's quite likely you didn't miss anything.

Although I don't speak for Phil, I do know he is still fine-tuning the
Witango Installers a bit for Windows 2003 Server.

Windows 2003 Server is a different bred of OS.

Permissions on Windows 2003 Server are "denied" be default for most
everything - as opposed to the opposite in earlier versions of Windows.

As you setup your Server, you have to explicitly grant access to everything
- even built-in Services like IIS. This is part of Microsoft's attempt to
make a more secure environment.

Good or bad, it'll force us to learn more about our own Servers, and that
can only be a good thing :-)

Cheers.......

Scott Cadillac,
Witango.org - http://witango.org
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Information for the Witango Developer Community

XML-Extranet - http://xmlx.ca
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Well-formed Development (for hire)