Witango 5 is very efficient at opening data sources, and I tend to set
my timeout very low, 1-5 minutes, without a problem.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolf, Gene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 7:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Witango-Talk: Witango and Excel

   I'm hoping someone on this list will have some experience with
Witango
talking to Excel. We have the need to have Witango read Excel files
directly
and have that working, not a problem. However, when Witango reads the
excel
file it acquires it as a data source for the default length of time.
This
prevents anyone else from opening that Excel file.

   Is there a way of releasing a data source from Witango when the
program
is done with the file or do we simply have to wait for the data source
time out?

Gene Wolf
Business Systems Analyst, TLMN
DRS Optronics, Inc.