From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 8:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Fomatting Fields within Forms

You cannot use bold or italics using any of the char fields as far as I know. However, if you fomat the returned text as encoding="none", you can add html to the database and have it returned correctly. Not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for. I use this when I need to add html tags to a database and when the data is returned, it will disply correctly.

On # 2, we've had trouble using nchar and nvarchar data types and returning the data properly in WiTango (given that it's double-byte, although I don't think you need double-byte just for accented characters).  We've had better success sticking with char and varchar fields.  We've had no trouble with accented characters and those fields.  However, I don't think you can format a text field with bold or italics as far as I know.