Here is a selection from the witango log...

04/12/2003 17:12:51 127.0.0.1 [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25496064 1 5354 [Results Action] Start_calcs
04/12/2003 17:12:51 127.0.0.1 [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25496064 1 5354 [Search Action] Assign_cw_kwh
04/12/2003 17:12:51 127.0.0.1 [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25496064 1 5354 [Query] SELECT A1.CWENRG FROM HESADM.APPLIANCES A1 WHERE (A1.YR=1993)
04/12/2003 17:12:54 Version: 5.0.1.062 Chimera (Mac OS X), License number: PB1JQ-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, Process ID: 2227

the Result Action (Start_calcs) works, the Assign_cw_kwh Search action is where it is failing... but it doesn't seem to be related to the code, since I can substitute any other search action (including one right before Start_calcs that works) and it still fails at that location. In all instances, immediately after getting the Client/Plug-in Error the final item in the log is the last line, which re-iterates the License number.

Is there something other than maxactions which limits the number of actions that can be executed? My site is performing a building energy calculation (not the typical ecommerce transaction) and there are a lot of steps between user pages. This site is currently running on a beige G3 Mac running OS 8.6 and Tango 3.5.2... it doesn't seem like it would overload a dual processor 1.8 Ghz G5 running OS X and Witango 5.... and since this problem seems independent of the actual code being executed, I'm not sure what to do.

Maggie

Customer Support wrote:

Maggie,
Set LOGGINGLEVEL=3 in the witango.ini file. This will log the debug like information to the witango log. Stop and start the server with the following terminal command:

sudo SystemStarter restart WITANGO5

It will ask for an admin password. Once the command has finished you will see some output like this:

Welcome to Macintosh.
Stopping Witango server
Waiting for WITANGO5
Starting Witango Application Server
[ 4106] 2003-12-05 13:49:58 START INFO Starting Witango Application Server Process
Startup complete.
Hangup

This indicates that the server has restarted.

Now run the taf again and have a look in the witango.log file. You should be able to see what the error is that is causing the server to return an incorrect response to the web plugin. What is the error message?

Witango Support