You don't have the file open in the Access Window do you?
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 6:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Witango-Talk: Record Builder Error

I am working with a simple insert on a Record builder like application. I know in the years back ..I use to see this error all the time when working with Access. ( I know ..it’s not a good database type app. to use).

I got this error today and have checked my DSN and pathways ..etc..etc..

Any insight would be appreciated and I know it’s an easy error..I just think it’s been so long since I have seen it, that I have forgetten the work around for it.

Thanks for helping out his part time coder!

Steve

File: addnews.taf
Position: Insert
Class: DBMS
Main Error Number: -1032

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
HY000

File: addnews.taf
Position: Insert
Class: DBMS
Main Error Number: 0

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
IM006

File: addnews.taf
Position: Insert
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -4

Unable to connect to the specified data source.

File: addnews.taf
Position: Insert
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -4

Unable to connect to the specified data source.
Verify that data source is properly configured and that database server is online.

Steve

---