Hi Chris

I am actually asking for authentication every time, but for some reason it
will not accept the authentication (I have not been able to authenticate
successfully once). I am thinking that when Dev Studio tries to access the
odbc source it is using a different ODBC config file somewhere. I have
double checked all the configs and they seem OK but there is obviously
something wrong somewhere.

Trevor

On 1/29/04 3:24 PM, "Chris Millet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In step 3) "Check" (not uncheck) the box that says "Ask each time"
>
> Chris
>
> On Jan 29, 2004, at 5:18 PM, Chris Millet wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is the same issue, but I have seen this behavior
>> before when login has been set to be automatic and something is out of
>> whack with the username and password. In that case:
>>
>> 1) Open the "Properties" menu palette under the "Window" menu bar
>> 2) Open the "Workspace" menu palette (if not already open) and
>> highlight the datasource
>> 3) In the "Properties" palette, click the "Development" tab, then
>> uncheck the box that says "Ask each time"
>> 4) try again
>>
>> if this doesn't work, check your username and password in the DSN
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>> Chris
>>
>> On Jan 29, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Trevor Green wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is there some neat little document somewhere that explains how to use
>>> ODBC with MacOSX properly? I am running Panther with Dev Studio 5.5
>>> and mySQL. I have created the DSNšs and when I test them using
>>> odbctest they work fine. When I go into the Dev Studio I can see the
>>> DSNšs but when I try and expand them I get an error saying that a
>>> connection could not be made.
>>>
>>> Please help!!!
>>>
>>> Trevor Green

Trevor Green