Whether you sent "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" from Witango, ASP,
ASP.NET or configured under IIS directly - they all work basically the
same, as far as Browsers or search engines are concerned.

Remember, HTTP is a layer independent from Witango, the Webserver or the
client (browser).

Recently I've done a lot of this using all of the above for several
different Servers (mine and some customers), including using the 404
trick to a special Witango TAF that did the "301" output, and I had equal
success with all the methods.

Note: under Witango, it's probably pointless to include the
<@userreferencecookie> in the redirect - because the key that is
potentially issued will not work under a different domain (the one you
redirect to).

Hope this helps. Cheers....

Scott Cadillac,
403-281-6090 ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
XML-Extranet ~ http://xmlx.ca ~ http://forums.xmlx.ca
Well-formed Programming in C# .NET, Witango, MSIE and XML
Witango ~ http://witango.org
EasyXSLT ~ http://easyxslt.ca
IIS Watcher ~ http://iiswatcher.ca