Title: Back button and form cache

   Is anyone else seeing the behavior we are seeing and have you figures a way around it? We are on Windows 2003, SQL 2000 and Witango 5.0. We have a great number of forms that are being used by employees online to post info, product info, make requests, etc. If, in the verification process we display an error page and the user clicks on the browsers (typically IE 6.0) back button, all of the information that person has entered is gone.

   We have tried different caching schemes, we have changed the settings on IIS to every combination available, we have played with browser caching settings. etc. We know something has changed because this behavior did not exist up until 2 weeks ago. Since we automatically push IE patches to user machines it may have been a change from Microsoft but we cannot be sure.

   Anyone seen this same behavior and did you find a way around it?

Gene Wolf
Business Systems Analyst, TLMN
DRS Optronics, Inc.
2330 Commerce Park Drive