Witango-Talk is awesome because of all of you, especially Dale ( who has helped me on more than one occasion - smiles ) . . .

Dale, I finally got things going, the trick was I did not notice the "2 letters" which you had deleted from the original environments.plist file where it's " LD_LIBRARY_PATH " instead of the original " DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH " . . . that did the trick and all is well again . . .

Also I noticed in past documentation that it asks you first to create a ~/.MacOSX directory but then tells you to save the file in the ~/.MacOS directory . . . lookout for such "boo boos" . . .

God Bless All and thank you to all who helped,
: ) stephen