Blocking that port is fine. As long as you do not have any of your servers on the other side of the router which I doubt you would since it would be pretty hard to hook em up out there without a router :-)

We are going to start blocking incoming traffic on the serial interface on
our router to tighten up security. We are going to deny all traffic that
does not relate to the following ports: pop3, smtp, http, 443, exchange,
citrix, dns, and ftp.

I know Witango uses port 14100 for something. But is that for internal
traffic on the server? Is there anything that flows back and forth to the
client browser?

Thanks,

Steve Fogelson
Internet Commerce Solutions