So, my next questions.

1) filemaker:  it sounds like 7 will only be useful as a datasource in
the advanced server version, and the jdbc drivers are not yet out for OS
X.  Where can I get the older 1.2 jdbc driver which is referenced in the
witango server install docs?  I don't have filemaker developer version,
which is where the driver was distributed, I think.  Also, does one have
to run FM in a user space when using JDBC?

2) sql server:  I downloaded the jtds driver from
http://jtds.sourceforge.net/, and followed the directions in the FAQ,
but I get the no suitable driver message.  Does this driver not work
with the witango jdbc implementation?  I put the driver in the same
place as the mysql jdbc driver (/library/java/extensions/).  Here is the
jdbc.ini file:

<!DOCTYPE JDBCINI SYSTEM "jdbcini.dtd" >
<JDBCINI Version="0x00010000">
        <DataSources>
                <DataSource ID="mysql-staff">
                        <DSN>mysql-staff</DSN>
                        <DriverClass>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</DriverClass>
                        <URL>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test</URL>
                        <Properties>
                                <Property ID="server">
                                        <Name>server</Name>
                                        <Value>localhost</Value>
                                </Property>
                                <Property ID="port">
                                        <Name>port</Name>
                                        <Value>3306</Value>
                                </Property>
                        </Properties>
                </DataSource>
                <DataSource ID="sql-sis">
                        <DSN>sql-sis</DSN>

<DriverClass>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</DriverClass>

<URL>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://172.16.1.46:1433/sis-project</URL>
                        <Properties>
                                <Property ID="server">
                                        <Name>server</Name>
                                        <Value>172.16.1.46</Value>