if the content you want to search can be "spidered" just install a search engine. I and others on the list have had great success integrating the swish-e search engine into our Witango apps.

/John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a hobby site that I work on in my spare time. It has a forum, chat room, ya da ya da ya da. In it I have created 3 different search like engines that list resorts, fishing guides and bait and tackle shops. (you can check it out if you like, just a few months old, but growing http://MyFishingPals.com )

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used Witango to create a search engine somewhat like google. I have been trying to figure a way to do this. The big thing is how to search for certain terms. In other words, a "contains" search does exactly as expected, but how does one do partial phrase searches and the like. I am not worried about stemming (related keywords), just trying to figure out how to do this.

example if searching for "jim" returns "Jim and Bonny's Resort" good so far... But
searching for jim's returns nothing.

And is there a way to use quotes for exact phrase? More like a search engine?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has done this or pondered this at all. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks