just to make sure, from a preformance perspective, local and request are the
same right?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Customer Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:46 AM
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Tango to Witango conversion

It is in the read me document. Here is the list:

A Few Things To Note If You Don’t Like Reading Manuals.

1 Local scope has been changed to request scope.  This more accurately
describes the life of the variable.

2 Local scope has been kept as an alias to Request scope to ensure
backward compatability.  The Witango Dev Studio version 5 uses Request
scope with all actions instead of Local scope and will therefore
produce code that is not fully compatible with a Tango 2000 server.
This can be worked around by opening your taf and tcf files in a text
editor and replacing Request with Local in the actions.  On a Tango
2000 server all Request scoped variables will function as Custom scoped
variables.

3 Request and Method scope have been optimized for speed and will
operate faster than shared scopes like Domain, Application and Custom.

4 Always quote your parameter values, especially if they are string
values.

5 The server settings now have the default scope set to Request.  If
you do not scope your variables (we recommend that you do) you will
need to change this setting in the witango.ini file to User.  Using a
default scope of request will typically keep memory usage to a minimum
and performance optimized.

6 The httpheader configuration variable does not function the same way
in Witango v5.0 as it did in Tango 2000.  Partial headers are no longer
allowed and you now need to send complete http headers.  There are 2
new tags to assist you in formulating http headers - @HTTPREASONPHRASE
and @HTTPRESPONSECODE

7 TCF objects now operate in shared scopes without crashing the server.

8 Always scope your variables.  This make more robust code and takes
load off the server as it does not have to search the different scopes
for the variable name.  e.g.  @@MyVariable forces the server to search
the different variable scopes (domain, application, custom, user and
request) while @@user$MyVariable would not require the server to search
the different scopes.

9 If you have installed an alternate ODBC driver manager ensure that
the path in ODBCDMLIBRARY points to the odbc library you are using.

10 The license key generated in 30 day trial mode is tied to the
machines IP addresses or host names.  The server will report an invalid
license if either of these changes.  This may affect installations on
portables.  A fully registered license key does not have this
restriction.