From: Cecilia Cos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 11:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Witango-Talk: Multiple Table Search Results

Hello,

I have created a web app that basically goes from step 1 to step 2 to step 3 etc... but you cannot go to step 2 without step 1 being completed..etc....

I would like to do a History report that allows me to see which steps are complete and which steps remain undone

I have 7 tables (each step) that I want to search based on the field ID that is the same in all tables.

I am doing a search on table 1 in field ID

then in the record list I have from table 1 fields ID, Type and Issue Date

now I want to display the details of all of the 7 tables...

so in the record detail I have put all of the fields from the 7 tables that I want to see and created the joins based on the field ID

My problem is this.....

If steps 1-7 have been completed the record detail shows.....

but if only steps 1-3 were completed than I get nothing in the detail.......and I would like to see that Steps 1-3 were completed while 4-7 remain empty.....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Cecilia C. Cos
Data Analyst

Newsweek | 251 W 57th Street | New York, NY | 10019
212-445-4309