Wayne is you are using Filemaker then create your own record_ID I would not
use the one filemaker creates. It skips numbers and does other strange
things. I have always created my own serial number. This also lets me use
things like IV1 and have it increment.

It functions much more like an identity key then the build in record ID.

This may have changed in 7 I have not looked.

Dan
on 7/22/04 3:03, Customer Support at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am guessing but it looks like the db you are using is FileMaker.
> FileMaker uses a real number as a record ID.  I do not know why.
>
> Try using <@VAR scope$myvarname FORMAT="num:simple-integer"> when you
> use the data in the result html
>

> Witango Support
>

> On 22/07/2004, at 3:31 PM, Wayne Irvine wrote:
>
>> Does Witango have some sort of Default Precision set in prefs?
>>
>> I have a TAF that builds an array from a databases and one of the
>> fields is
>> Record_ID. I've moved it to Witango and what used to be XXXXX is now
>> XXXXX.00000.
>>
>> You can see the difference here:
>>
>> http://www.photoimaging.com.au/pages/home.taf   (T2000)
>>
>> And here
>>
>> http://www2.photoimaging.com.au/pages/home.taf   (Witango 5)
>>
>> (Roll mouse over story links to view in status bar)
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>>
>> Wayne Irvine
>>
>>                   Byte Services Pty Ltd
>>                http://www.byteserve.com.au/
>>                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>    Ph 02 9960 6099   Mob 0409 960 609   Fax 02 9960 6088

Dan Stein
Digital Software Solutions
799 Evergreen Circle
Telford PA 18969
Land: 215-799-0192
Cell: 610-256-2843
Fax 413-410-9682
FMP, WiTango, EDI,SQL 2000
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.dss-db.com

    "When you are born, you cry and those who love you rejoice.  And if you
live your life as you should, when you die, you rejoice and those who
love you cry."