Troy Sosamon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Throw out your MAC and get a Windows 2000 or 2003 server.

You suggest Windoze...

> Do you have some stealthy virus, popups, spyware????

Then suggest all the sorts of things Windoze users are constantly fighting
with. Irony at it's best.

> I know a lot of Mac users think they are immune to these things.

Yep, we do. Infact I didn't have any virus protection on any of my servers,
but before posting here did install NAV and do a check.

Virii found: 0  ;)

I did find, and fix the problem. In fact it's a problem I had and fixed
several months ago and totally forgot about.

A client has a system that automatically uploads an 'update' file every hour
and it is munged into their e-commerce set up. If the file is too large it
can overload the system. This is due to limits of FileMaker and AppleEvents.

Their POS people are supposed to have the system set up upload 10K chunks
but apparently this is happening. As a result I'll write an AppleScript that
will chop any oversized files before munging.

Of course the real solution is to use a 'real' database, but this is what
the client uses and hence it is the back end here.

The problem here is not the database, nor the OS, but the flakey mind of the
overworked/underpaid admin. See below:

Wayne Irvine

                  Byte Services Pty Ltd
               http://www.byteserve.com.au/
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Ph 02 9960 6099   Mob 0409 960 609   Fax 02 9960 6088