*From:* Trevor Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Friday, October 15, 2004 6:20 PM
*To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Subject:* Witango-Talk: problem with quote value and 5.5 server

I have a problem with 5.5 on Mac OSX server and MySql. I have an update action with a field which is has the Quote value attribute set to false. I am trying to update the field with the following expression

<@ifempty <@arg ownership>>null<@else>'1'</@if>

i.e. sql should read /field=null/ or /field=’1’/ depending on the value of ownership. This worked fine on 5.0 but since upgrading to 5.5 the server insists on quoting even when quote value is set to false. So, I either get a value of null (i.e. the word null being stored in the field – which is a char field) or the value ‘1’ (i.e. quote 1 quote) instead of having an empty field or a field with the value of 1. Has anyone else experienced this?

Trevor Green