From: John McGowan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Old Witango XML Bug

Because the code I'm writing has to run on 5 now and on 5.5 later.
Having it fixed in 5.5 wouldn't have changed my approach that much,
because it still wouldn't work now.  I'm just diappointed that the new
server doesn't have better support.  I thought that all the XML stuff
was redone.  But the fact that this bug still exists tells me that the
@DOM related tags are running the same code they used to.   I thought
they were going to us an external library like xerces for XML parsing
and that would apply to xpointer as well.

I guess not....

It's okay.. I worked around it for now.

I could swear that when we ran into this bug a long time ago we raised
an issue with pervasive or with at the time. (this was a long time ago
that we first discovered the bug, it affects attributes named "id" as
well as elements.

/John