Title: Re: Witango-Talk: WiTango & Email
Hold on. Something’s amiss in your mail server setup.

IF you have relay enabled from 127.0.0.1 AND you have a mail server on the same machine AND you have authentication turned on for outside IP addresses, the mail server should still be requiring authentication from outside people trying to use you as an open relay.

I have that setup (webstar) and can see the steady stream of attempted relays being blocked.

You can turn authentication off for your internal and trusted networks, including 127.0.0.1 and the IP address of your witango machine
Authentication required for everyone else
Use your firewall/router not not let in IP spoofers using 127. Or your server’s IP address

Then, when the spammer is sending messages trying to exploit the open relay, the mail server will reject because the IP address is the originating machine or server, not your own. If they are trying to spoof your Ip address, the mail won’t get in.

Check your detailed smtp log and you’ll see where your hole is.