Hi,

I'm new to Witango, still trying to learn it while using it. Our organization is trying to convert from a web server running on Mac OS 9 under an old version of Webstar and Tango 2000 to a new web server running Apache on Mac OS 10.2.8, with Witango 5.0.x server. We use FileMaker databases (v. 6.x, some databases created in 5.x, I believe) as our data sources in Witango.

I copied all the databases, .taf files, etc. to the new server, searched all the .taf files for that yen character and changed them to the proper character for Witango 5.x. Some of our .taf files work OK, but the big issue we are having is with a .taf file that searches a Filemaker database for specific people (like class officers), lists that info. on a "contact our class officers" page, and then is supposed to send an email to just those class officers.

Except, once the email form is filled out and the user clicks "send/submit", the user gets an alleged confirmation that the email has been sent -- but not to the selected class officers, instead a whole list of one particular type of class officer shows up in the confirmation page -- and we think that the email is not actually being sent to all these people listed (nor is it going to the proper people). I believe that the web server's mail service has been configured properly, but am unsure if we need to do something special for Witango to send email through the web server (note, it is only a web server, doesn't act as mail server for our office).

Does anyone know if this problem is likely related specifically to the web server conversion/transition, or if it may be a logic issue in the .taf file, which was written in Tango 2000?

Again, I am a total novice with Witango, trying to work my way through the tutorial on my own while using the program and troubleshooting problems. I'm also not an expert in web server administration, been learning that, too, as I go along (this is a new job). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Susan
<x-tad-smaller>--
Susan A. Brkich '86
Web Administrator
Alumnae and Alumni of Vassar College (AAVC)
161 College Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603-2804
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 845.437.5449
fax: 845.437.7425

Founded in 1871, AAVC connects the more than 34,000 Vassar alumnae/i worldwide with each other and Vassar College.</x-tad-smaller>