Matt,

you know what, my include files are actually inside the web root, just different for different domains that are aliased to the same web root.

I did have a need to specify the path into a script-aliased cgi-bin directory (to select the search index on a per domain basis), and for that, the $org_path variable works. (This requires absolutepathprefix= [NULL])

I tried including a file from outside my root, without success.

I now seem to recall asking for an ALIAS configuration variable, similar to the Apache Alias directive, to appear in the Application and domain scope so include files could be managed independently of the application files.

Sorry for the mis-info earlier.