I am in a heated debate with a new fellow worker and I need some ammo on this one.

Sorry for the off-topic post...

I have always been under the assumption that it was harder on a computer to reboot it every day then to leave it running and maybe boot it weekly or monthly. Our company recently merged and everyone from the foreign company reboots daily while my people reboot only when necessary. One of the reasons for this is that I run anti-virus and other things at night while the computers are not being used.

All the other employees have been told to shut down their desktops every night. They were told to do this by a previous IT guy. I tend to disagree with this.

What do you think? Reboot Daily? or Only When Needed?

THANKS!