I'm serious here. Had interminable problems with odbc  and now with jdbc.
Experiencing crashes either way. Odbc crashed on one machine, jdbc crashes 2
machines. (identical machines).

Jdbc crashes don't have any build-ups like odbc. No CPU pegging, etc. just
when there is a hit, it goes boom crash.

The problem is like with anything that hits different vendors' code. Each
one points at the other. I have OS X 10.2.8. I'll update it to 10.4 when the
time comes, but witango is supposed to run on 10.2.8, I installed mysql and
mysql's myodbc per initial installation instructions and more recently the
connector/j jdbc driver.

After installing the jdbc, it ran fine and I pounded on all the applications
to make sure there weren't any hidden compatibility issues (only one, about
the date 0000-00-00 tripping an error)

Then, it randomly crashed with the crash log looking like the one below. The
people who know jdbc say, "your application crashed, look there for the
problem" and the witango people say "get your odbc/jdbc set right" Really
don't know where/how to get these things fixed. Installing things by the
book gets me a very fragile witango server.

Just not looking very good for witango at this point. Think I can talk the
owner into upgrading something that was buggy from the outset? They're more
likely to ask for another application server technology.

It appears that witango crashes when connecting to ODBC and it crashes when
connecting to JDBC.

On 2/24/05 3:46 PM, "Roland Dumas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From witango crash log
>

> Date/Time:  2005-02-24 15:27:59 -0800
> OS Version: 10.2.8 (Build 6R73)
> Host:       new
>
> Command:    witangod
> PID:        7162
>
> Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
> Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x0429f000
>

> Thread 20 Crashed:
>  #0   0x90074470 in memmove
>  #1   0x0014e004 in 0x14e004
>  #2   0x00152b74 in 0x152b74
>  #3   0x000504b8 in 0x504b8
>  #4   0x000a67ac in 0xa67ac
>  #5   0x01863580 in 0x1863580
>  #6   0x0190bc2c in 0x190bc2c
>  #7   0x0185cfb0 in 0x185cfb0
>  #8   0x0185a16c in 0x185a16c
>  #9   0x966a8db8 in JVM_Read
>  #10  0x966cee94 in JVM_FillInStackTrace
>  #11  0x966b9940 in JVM_GetCPMethodClassNameUTF
>  #12  0x966f6778 in __ashrdi3
>  #13  0x00208f68 in 0x208f68
>  #14  0x000503a0 in 0x503a0
>  #15  0x0006b300 in 0x6b300