We did this by simply using a cookie. A cookie is set during the first session, and then each subsequent session requires username, password and cookie to enter the site. The cookie restricts access not only to a single PC, but to a single browser as well.

The important thing is to notify the users about the restricted access ahead of time and give instructions on what to do if a problem occurs. When a problem does occur, the users simply sends a request to reset their account. This provides a way to monitor potential suspicious activity. So far it has worked very well, and only a couple of resets are required a month for a base of about 1,000 users.

Chris