Can you put a test case together, so I can try it on linux.

On Wednesday, April 6, 2005, at 01:54  PM, Peter Fogg wrote:

NOt that I know of. The server is on my local workstation and is not
serving pages to anyone but me.

Peter -

Is the server under any load (or answering other requests at all) during
your testing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Fogg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:21 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Strange behavior in application scope

The environment:
    Witango Dev Studio 5.5.08
   Witango Server 5.5 on a Windows 2000 Server 5.0.2195 with SP4
   a TCF, COMMON
   a TAF, INDEX., which instantiates Common in application scope
   a TAF, EXISTENCE, which tests for the existence of Common in
application scope
   a TAF, PURGE, which purges Common from application scope.

The strange behavior:
   run INDEX which instantiates COMMON in application scope
   run EXISTENCE which confirms that COMMON is in application scope
   run PURGE which says that the opbect COMMON has been purged from
application scope
   run EXISTENCE which states that the object COMMON still exists in
application scope
   refresh EXISTENCE which now states that COMMON is no longer in
application scope

if I now run INDEX, I receive this message:

Error
An error occurred while processing your request:
File: home.taf
Position: CreateCommonObject
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -815

Cannot locate object.
Common

File: home.taf
Position: CreateCommonObject
Class: Internal
Main Error Number: -622

The specified object instance could not be created.
Common

If I then refresh INDEX, it instantiates COMMON.

Is there a delay when something is purged from application scope? Why does
refreshing EXISTENCE after a PURGE change its mind?

Thanks for any illumination provided.

Peter -