Just got my copy of InfoWorld (23 May 2005 issue). There's an article on AJAX starting on page 39.

On Wednesday, May 25, 2005, at 12:47  PM, Diodeus wrote:

Hi Mike,

A few years ago I was using Brent Ashley's remote scriping routines (http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/) to dynamically populate HTML on a page (see www.yentaville.com). I'd pass a command, a DIV ID, and a few other parameters and the server-end would spit back the HTML to shove into the DIV. I'd use it in a lot of my back-ends to give detailed views when clicking on links without going to a new
page. It works with message-board type applications quite well.

Consuming XML on the client-side seemed like the next logical step, although I still find building the HTML output on the server much easier. I don't really have an application for using AJAX right now, but I thought I might as well pick up on the standards as they emerge.

- James.

--- "Arace, Mike (NIH/CIT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi James,

I've recently implemented AJAX in Witango for a project I am working on.
Just to be clear, are you using Witango to generate the XML (or text)
document as a response to an XMLHTTPRequest, or are you using it to consume
a document created on another server?

For the former case, you can use Results actions to print out an appropriate XML (or text) document for the given page arguments. The latter would most
likely be done in client-side javascript; I'm not sure what level of
javascript support is available in witango's server engine, or if they have
implemented the objects needed to make AJAX calls.

Perhaps someone more familiar with the script metatag could weigh in on
this.

-Mike

->|- Diodeus, noun: the Greek God of diodes, as opposed to Typos, the Greek God of typing mistakes. He keeps moving the keys on me.