Hello all,

I am trying to send an email message using a SMTP server which requires authentication.

I guess I should use <@EMAILSESSION> to specify the commands OPEN and SEND, then the Mail action to send the message.
As a result I get 2 different errors:
  • when I use <@EMAILSESSION COMMAND=OPEN ...> followed by Mail action I get the error:  An invalid From address was specifed.
    Assuming the creator of the message meant "specified" and because I know the From address is correct, I guess the meaning of the error is username/password failed authentication; this is strange since I use the correct username/password.
  • when I use <@EMAILSESSION OPEN ...> then <@EMAILSESSION SEND ...> followed by the Mail ActionI get the error:  The specified object was not found.
I read all the messages I could find in the forum but there is no reference to the command SEND. Same is true about the sample code section.
I read the metatag descriptions in the Witango doc, but that is way too sophisticated for me to understand.

Can anybody point me to what I am doing wrong?  Of course a code snippet would be just fine to get me started.

I appreciate your help.

Mihai Olariu
Keyassets Inc.